Cost per serving $4.33 view details
- 5 lb Pork Loin
- Â Â Salt
- Â Â Pepper
- 1 can Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 c. Catsup
- 1/2 c. Vinegar
- 1/2 c. Packed Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Chili Pwdr
- 1/4 c. Dark Corn Syrup
- 1/2 c. Cool Water
- 1 Tbsp. Cornstarch
- Have meatman remove chine bone.
- Rub pork roast with salt and pepper.
- Place, fat side up, in a shallow roasting pan. (If you have a meat thermometer, insert it in to center of thickest part of meat.)
- Bake at 325 degrees for 35 to 40 min per lb. (or possibly, till thermometer registers 185 degrees), about 3 to 3 1/4 hrs.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan combine the tomato sauce, catsup, vinegar, brown sugar, chili pwdr, corn syrup and water. Mix 2 Tbsp. of this mix with cornstarch.
- Stir cornstarch mix into first mix.
- Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, till slightly thickened, about 15 min.
- One-half hour before roast is done, remove from oven and drain off drippings.
- Spoon one-third of the sauce over roast.
- Return to oven and bake 15 min.
- Spoon more sauce over roast.
- Bake 15 min more.
- Serve roast with rest of heated sauce.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 446g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 603||64%|
|Total Fat 66.86g||84%|
|Saturated Fat 23.14g||93%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 39.68g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.4g||5%|