Cost per recipe $21.18 view details
- 1/2 c. Canola oil
- 1/2 c. Brown sugar
- 2 c. Spanish onions, diced
- 2 c. Red onions, diced
- 1 bn scallions, finely diced
- 1 head garlic, peeled, finely minced
- 6 x Oranges, peeled, seeded, and minced (prefer blood oranges)
- 8 x Fresh Plum tomatoes, peeled
- 1 can (1-lb) Plum tomatoes
- 2 c. Tomato sauce
- 1/2 c. Worcestershire sauce, Lea and Perrin preferred
- 8 ounce Tamarind sauce, like Pickapeppa or possibly Blue Marlin
- 3 whl lemons, juiced
- 1/3 c. Mixed freshly grnd black and white pepper
- 1 c. Cumin, whole, toasted then grnd
- 1Â 1/2 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1/3 c. Bandana's Pepper Sauce, XXtra Serious prefered or possibly your choice
- 2 c. Orange juice, fresh squeezed
- Bandana's Serious Pepper Products located in sub-tropical s.e. PA.
- A. PEPPERHEAD
- A versatile sauce suitable for basting or possibly using at tableside as a dippin' sauce.
- Heat the oil to smoking and add in the brown sugar stirring constantly until it starts to thicken. Still stirring, first add in all the onions and garlic.
- Now, turning down the heat, add in the oranges and tomato puree and simmer for 8 - 12 minutes. Add in the tamarind,Worcestershire, and tomato sauces,also the lemon and orange juices,and reduce by 1/4. Add in the grnd black, white, and cayenne pepper and cook for 10 more min over low to medium heat. Now add in Bandana's Serious Pepper Sauce of choice. Use right away or possibly refrigerateand use within 2 weeks. ENJOY !
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 3394g|
|Calories from Fat 1189||44%|
|Total Fat 135.95g||170%|
|Saturated Fat 10.35g||41%|
|Trans Fat 0.44g|
|Total Carbs 372.25g||99%|
|Dietary Fiber 45.7g||152%|