Cost per serving $0.87 view details
- 1/4 cup softened butter or 1/2 stick of softened butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup coffee liqueur (Kahlua or Britt)
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- 4 medium sized bananas peeled, cut longitudinally in half and then cut horizontally in half
- 4 scoops of your favorite vanilla ice cream (I prefer french vanilla)
- 1. Mix the butter, sugar, and cinnamon in a heavy skillet.
- Place the pan over low heat either on top of the stove or over a fondue burner (if you prefer to cook tableside). Stir gently until lightly caramelized. Be careful not to scorch the sugar.
- Add the coffee liqueur and the bananas and cook until bananas are softened and slightly brown.
- Add the rum and heat the rum (but do not wait too long or the alcohol will be completely cooked). Tilt the skillet and flambe.
- Cut the bananas into diagonal slices and pour the syrup over the vanilla ice cream scoops.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 117g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 124||30%|
|Total Fat 14.02g||18%|
|Saturated Fat 8.81g||35%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 61.78g||16%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.7g||2%|