Cost per serving $0.86 view details
- 1 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Â¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Caramel Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons cream
- Â¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons dark rum or Â½ teaspoon rum flavoring (optional)
- Â½ cup Nestle La Lechera Dulce de Leche (caramel sauce)
- 2-3 bananas sliced
- 3 cups milk
- 1 large package (4.6 oz.) Jello Cook & Serve Vanilla Pudding & Pie Filling mix
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon banana flavoring
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Â½ teaspoon cinnamon for dusting
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl mix the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, cinnamon, and melted butter until well mixed. Pour into a 9â³ pie plate and press it evenly into the pan.
- Bake for 7 minutes and set aside to cool.
- Stir pudding mix into 3 cups milk in medium saucepan. Add cinnamon and allspice. Whisk until blended and bring to full boil on medium heat, whisking constantly. Remove from heat and whisk in banana flavoring. Set aside and allow to cool somewhat while you prepare the caramel.
- In a small skillet melt the butter and brown sugar over medium low heat. Allow it to come to a boil, turn the heat down to low and cook for 30 seconds. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the cream and optional rum or rum flavoring. Add cinnamon and Dulce de Leche and stir until the caramel has melted. Allow to cool slightly.
- Slice two to three bananas and put one layer of the sliced bananas on the bottom of the pie crust. Pour the caramel evenly over the bananas and spread to completely cover bananas. Layer remaining banana slices on top.
- Whisk the custard until smooth. Pour the custard over the bananas and caramel. Chill for at least four hours, but overnight is better.
- To finish the pie, whip cream until the cream begins to thicken. Add powdered sugar and continue beating until soft peaks form and the whipped cream holds its shape. Spread the cream over the cooled pie and dust with cinnamon. Chill for thirty minutes before slicing and serving.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 208g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 224||47%|
|Total Fat 25.3g||32%|
|Saturated Fat 13.63g||55%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 56.38g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.4g||8%|