Cost per serving $0.36 view details
- 1 Â½ cup mashed rip banana
- 1 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 6 tablespoon butter, melted and divided
- Â¼ cup cognac or dark run, divided
- 1/3 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 6.75 oz all-purpose flour (about 1 Â½ cups)
- Â¼ cup ground flaxseed
- Â¾ teaspoon baking soda
- Â½ teaspoon salt
- Â½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- Cooking spray
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- â¢ Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- â¢ Combine banana, Â½ cup brown sugar, 5 tablespoons butter, and 3 tablespoons cognac in a nonstick skillet. Cook over medium heat until mixture begins to bubble. Remove from heat; cool. Place banana mixture in a large bowl. Add yogurt, remaining Â½ cup brown sugar, and eggs. Beat with a mixer at medium speed.
- â¢ Weight or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 5 ingredients (through allspice) in a small bowl. Add flour mixture to banana mixture; beat until just blended. Pour batter into a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven; cool 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack. Remove bread from pan; place on wire rack.
- â¢ Combine remaining 1 tablespoon melted butter, remaining 1 tablespoon cognac, and powdered sugar; stir until well blended. Drizzle over the warm bread.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 52g|
|Recipe makes 16 servings|
|Calories from Fat 77||40%|
|Total Fat 8.64g||11%|
|Saturated Fat 3.38g||14%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 25.47g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g||1%|