- 1/2 c. unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2/3 c. sugar
- 2 x egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 c. pastry flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking pwdr
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 c. mashed banana
- 1 c. white chocolate, minced, plus some for garnish Cream Cheese Icing
- 1 lb (2 pkg) cream cheese, room temperature
- 6 Tbsp. unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 c. icing sugar, sifted
- 4 Tbsp. lowfat sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease and flour 2 9-inch cake pans.
- Cream butter and sugar together till light and fluffy. Beat in Large eggs and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking pwdr, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Add in to creamed mix alternately with bananas.
- Mix in minced white chocolate. Scrape batter into pans and spread proportionately.
- Bake for 30 min till a tester inserted in the center of the cakes comes out clean.
- Allow to cold 10 min in the pans, then turn out onto a plate.
- Cream Cheese Icing:Beat cream cheese till smooth. Beat in butter.
- Reduce speed and add in icing sugar, and beat till smooth. Stir in lowfat sour cream.
- To Assemble:Ice cake completely and garnish with large white chocolate curls (done by using a vegetable peeler).