Cost per serving $0.10 view details
- 1 x chocolate lb. cake (15 to 16 ounces)
- 3 med bananas, cut into 1/4 inch-thick slices
- 1/4 c. bottled caramel topping (squeeze bottle)
- 1Â 1/2 quart (3 pints) butter-pecan ice cream
- 3 x chocolate-covered toffee bars (about 1.4 ounces each), coarsely minced
- Garnishes: Whipped cream, minced toffee bars, caramel topping
- Trim the ends off lb. cake. Cut the cake into 12 slices, each 1/2 inch thick. Cut a pie-shaped wedge, 2 inches across the top, from each slice. Wrap the wedges in plastic wrap and reserve.
- Cover the bottom of an 8 inch spring form pan with the remaining cake pcs, pressing them together to make an even layer with no gaps. (You may not need all the cake.)
- Scatter the bananas over the cake in the pan, then drizzle with the caramel sauce. Cover and freeze till the bananas are hard, about 1 1/2 hrs.
- Soften 1 1/2 pints of the ice cream and spread proportionately over the bananas.
- Sprinkle with the minced toffee bars, cover and freeze till the ice cream is hard, at least 1 1/2 hrs. Soften the remaining ice cream and spread over the toffee layer. Freeze till hard, about 1 hour.
- Arrange the reserved cake wedges, points toward the center, over the ice cream layer. Cover and freeze for at least 5 hrs or possibly up to 5 days.
- To serve, remove the sides of the pan and set the cake on a serving plate.
- Decorate the cake with the garnishes.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 38g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 3||5%|
|Total Fat 0.28g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.14g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 14.21g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.7g||2%|