Cost per serving $1.52 view details
- 3 c. all-purpose flour
- 2 c. sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp grnd cinnamon
- 1 c. vegetable oil
- 3 lrg Large eggs
- 1Â 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 c. minced bananas - (abt 3 bananas)
- 1 c. minced pecans
- 1 can crushed pineapple with juice - (8 ounce)
- 2 pkt cream cheese - (8 ounce ea) room temperature
- 1 c. unsalted butter - (2 sticks) room temperature
- 3 c. powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 c. minced toasted pecans
- For cake: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour two 9-inch round cake pans with 2-inch-high sides.
- Whisk first 5 ingredients in large bowl to blend. Whisk in oil, Large eggs, and vanilla. Stir in bananas, pecans, and pineapple. Divide batter equally between prepared pans.
- Bake cakes till tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 30 min. Cold cakes in pans on racks 10 min. Run knife around cake sides and turn out onto rack to cold completely.
- For frosting: Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese and butter in large bowl to blend. Beat in sugar and vanilla.
- Place 1 cake layer on plate. Spread 1 1/2 c. frosting over. Top with second cake layer. Spread remaining frosting over top and sides of cake. Sprinkle toasted pecans in border around top edge of cake. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover; chill. Let stand at room temperature before serving.)
- This recipe yields 10 to 12 servings.
- Comments: "My mother and I spent a recent afternoon shopping in Gruene, a small town not far from Austin," writes Martha Witebsky of Austin, Texas. "We loved the tender, fruity cake we had at the River House Tea Room. Would chef Carol Hill share the recipe for what she calls Hummingbird Cake"
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 260g|
|Recipe makes 10 servings|
|Calories from Fat 425||45%|
|Total Fat 48.47g||61%|
|Saturated Fat 14.38g||58%|
|Trans Fat 0.56g|
|Total Carbs 122.39g||33%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.1g||10%|