Cost per serving $0.29 view details
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 1/2 cups flour (not self-rising)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350Â°F. Grease a 9- by 5-inch loaf pan and line bottom of pan with wax paper or parchment, then grease paper. You can also use a muffin pan--no need to put the wax paper in the bottom though.
- Mix together milk and lemon juice and let stand until milk curdles, about 1 minute.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda in a bowl.
- Beat together butter and sugar in a large bowl. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until combined, then beat in bananas until combined.
- Add flour mixture to banana mixture alternately with milk until batter is smooth. Stir in walnuts (optional). Pour into loaf pan and sprinkle chopped walnuts on top. Bake until a knife inserted in center of bread comes out clean.
- Cool bread in pan then remove and place on a plate to cool completely.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 52g|
|Recipe makes 20 servings|
|Calories from Fat 63||40%|
|Total Fat 7.2g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 3.4g||14%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 20.82g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.8g||3%|