Cost per recipe $3.28 view details
- 2Â 1/2 Tbsp. Butter/margarine
- 1/4 c. Granulated sugar **
- 1/4 c. Dark brown sugar, packed **
- 1 c. Mashed ripe banana
- 2 lrg Large eggs
- 1/2 c. Minced walnuts ***
- 1Â 1/2 c. Unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 c. Lowfat milk
- 1. Place ingredient Group A in Bakery Pan. Press SELECT for Quick Bread.
- Press BAKING CONTROL for Light. Press Start. Mix for 1 minute and 15 seconds, scraping down sides of pan with spatula if necessary.
- 2. Add in ingredient Group B. Mix for 1 minute and 15 seconds, scraping down sides of pan if necessary.
- 3. Add in ingredient groups C, then D and then E. Scrape down sides of pan if necessary.
- 4. After mixing, lower lid and tent a piece of aluminium foil, shiny side down, over glass dome. Loaf will be ready in 1-1/2 hrs.
- ** Note: In order to substitute the granulated sugar and the brown sugar, I use the equivalency amount of Sweet 'n Low Regular and Sweet 'n Low Brown.
- The texture does not change the finished product.
- Note: In place of walnuts, I use slivered almonds. They are lower in fat than walnuts.
- I have also added dry cherries, blueberries, and craisens as well. This changes the flavor dramatically (and deliciously).
- Egg substitute can also be used without a problem.
- The next direction - EAT AND ENJOY!!!!
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 729g|
|Calories from Fat 515||28%|
|Total Fat 59.25g||74%|
|Saturated Fat 24.13g||97%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 290.39g||77%|
|Dietary Fiber 10.6g||35%|