Cost per serving $1.02 view details
- 2 1/4 c. cake flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking pwdr
- 1/2 tsp salt plus a healthy pinch
- 1 c. mashed ripe bananas - (abt 2 large)
- 1/4 c. buttermilk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract plus
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 c. unsalted butter - (3 sticks) room temperature
- 1 1/3 c. sugar
- 2 lrg Large eggs
- 2 pkt cream cheese - (8 ounce ea) room temperature
- 1 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 2 lrg bananas peeled, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly butter three 8-inch-diameter cake pans with 2-inch-high sides; dust pans with flour.
- Combine cake flour, baking soda, baking pwdr and 1/2 tsp. salt in medium bowl. Mix mashed bananas, buttermilk and 1 tsp. vanilla in another medium bowl.
- Using electric mixer, beat 1/2 c. butter and sugar in large bowl till blended. Add in Large eggs 1 at a time, beating to blend after each addition. Add in dry ingredients alternately with banana mix in 3 additions, beginning and ending with dry ingredients and beating just till blended after each addition. Divide batter equally among prepared pans.
- Bake cakes till tops are just beginning to color and tester inserted into center comes out with a few crumbs attached, about 20 min. Cold cakes in pans on racks 10 min. Using small knife, cut around cakes to loosen; turn cakes out onto racks and cold completely.
- Beat cream cheese and remaining 1 c. butter in large bowl till light and fluffy. Beat in remaining 1 Tbsp. vanilla and healthy pinch of salt. Gradually beat in powdered sugar. Cover and chill frosting till hard sufficient to spread, about 15 min.
- Place 1 cake layer on platter. Spread 1/2 c. frosting over top. Place half of sliced bananas proportionately over frosting, leaving 1/4-inch border at edge. Place second cake layer on work surface. Spread 1/4 c. frosting over top. Place cake layer, frosting-side down, atop bananas. Spread 1/2 c. frosting over top. Place remaining half of sliced bananas proportionately over frosting, leaving 1/4-inch border at edge. Place third cake layer on work surface. Spread 1/4 c. frosting over top. Place cake layer, frosting-side down, atop bananas. Spread remaining frosting over sides and top of cake. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill. Let stand 1 hour at room temperature before serving.)
- This recipe yields 8 to 10 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 199g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 319||44%|
|Total Fat 36.3g||45%|
|Saturated Fat 22.39g||90%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 95.58g||25%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.7g||6%|