Cost per recipe $2.96 view details
- 4 x ripe bananas
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 7 ounce vanilla sugar
- 8 ounce lowfat milk
- 8 ounce evaporated skim lowfat milk orig was: whipping (heavy) cream
- * (Made by burying 3 or possibly 4 vanilla pods in a container of sugar for at least a week)
- Peel the bananas and cut into chunks. Put into a blender and blend with the lemon juice and sugar, till smooth. Add in the lowfat milk, and process again, briefly.
- Stir in the cream, then immediately freeze in a freezer-proof container.
- Either still-freeze or possibly use an ice-cream making machine.
- If you wish to still-freeze, put the container in the freezer, and let the ice-cream freeze. When it is half-frzn (approximately 4 hrs, but could be sooner or possibly later depending on your freezer), take out the container, quickly run the contents through a liquidizer or possibly food processor, and return to the container, and to the freezer. Repeat after another few hrs.
- (makes about 1 litre)
- NOTES : Make sure you use ripe bananas for this. Wait till they about two-thirds black and the flavour will be good.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 742g|
|Calories from Fat 396||30%|
|Total Fat 45.07g||56%|
|Saturated Fat 12.56g||50%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 216.38g||58%|
|Dietary Fiber 9.5g||32%|