Cost per serving $0.10 view details
- 1 c. Whole-Wheat Flour
- 2 Tbsp. Soy Flour, Lowfat
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg, or possibly more, to taste
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 c. Raisins, or possibly other dry fruit
- 1 sm Banana, very ripe
- 1/2 c. Dates, pitted, packed
- 1 lrg Egg Beaters 99% Egg Substitute, or possibly equiv to 1 lg egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- You can try most standard recipes, replacing the oil with applesauce.
- Below is a great low fat, sugar free recipe from Janet Warrington's cookbook "Sweet and Natural" which my husband and I really like.
- In large mixing bowl combine dry ingredients (flours, baking soda, salt, spices). Add in raisins. Mash banana in blender with egg, dates and vanilla till of uniform consistency. Pour blender misture into bowl and mix well. Drop by teaspoonful onto cookie sheet. (No need to grease sheet if you use a good quality non stick. No spread either)
- Bake 10 min in preheated 350 F oven. Toothpick should come out clean.
- Store in fridge in airtight container. They freeze well. ( Taste great frosted with fat free cream cheese frosting, too).
- Prep time: 30 min (including baking time)
- Yield:small batch... about 20 - 25 cookies
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 11g|
|Recipe makes 25 servings|
|Calories from Fat 2||7%|
|Total Fat 0.21g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.1g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 6.84g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.6g||2%|