Cost per serving $0.32 view details
- 2 1/2 c Sugar
- 1/2 c All-purpose flour
- 1/4 c Cornstarch
- 7 c Milk
- 4 ea Egg yolks, beaten
- 1/4 c Butter, softened
- 1 t Vanilla extract
- 1 pk (12-oz) vanilla wafers
- 9 ea Med bananas, peeled & sliced
- Combine sugar, flour, and cornstarch in a medium mixing bowl.Mix well, and set aside.
- Pour milk into a large saucepan; cook over medium heat until candy thermometer registers 160 deg F.
- Gradually stir one-fourth of hot milk into yolks; stir into reserved dry ingredients, and add to remaining hot milk.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and coats the
- Remove from heat, and stir in butter and vanilla. Let cool to room
- Line bottom of a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish with one-third of
- the vanilla wafers. Arrange half of banana slices over wafers; top with half of cooled custard.
- Repeat layers, reserving one-third of wafers to crumble and sprinkle over custard.
- Chill thoroughly
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 152g|
|Recipe makes 20 servings|
|Calories from Fat 46||21%|
|Total Fat 5.22g||7%|
|Saturated Fat 3.1g||12%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 40.49g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.0g||3%|