Cost per serving $0.81 view details
- 1 x 9-inch pie shell, unbaked
- 3 ounce Bittersweet chocolate, finely grated
- 2 lrg Large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 c. Sugar
- 2 c. Light cream
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 lrg Bananas, ripe
- 1 Tbsp. Orange juice
- 1 Tbsp. Coffee-flavored liqueur, optional
- 1 c. Heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp. Confectioner's sugar, or possibly to taste
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract Fresh nutmeg, grated
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Put the pie shell on a cookie sheet and scatter the chocolate in the shell. To make the custard, mix together the Large eggs, sugar, cream, and vanilla. Pour into the pastry shell and carefully put it in the oven. Bake till the custard is nearly set in the middle, about 40 min. Let the custard cold, then cover and chill.
- Right before serving, peel and slice the bananas, and toss them with the orange juice and coffee liqueur. Spread the slices on the custard. Whip the heavy cream, sweeten it with confectioner's sugar, and flavor with vanilla.
- Spread the cream over the bananas, dust with nutmeg, and refrigeratetill serving time. Do not let the completed pie wait long.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 138g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 212||65%|
|Total Fat 24.31g||30%|
|Saturated Fat 14.7g||59%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 26.05g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.3g||8%|