Cost per recipe $5.06 view details
- 1 Tbsp. Small pearl tapioca (not quick cooking)
- 1 can (14 ounce) light unsweetened coconut lowfat milk
- 2 Tbsp. Coarsely minced crystallized ginger
- 1/3 c. Sugar
- 3 x Hard-ripe bananas
- Garnish: 1 Tbsp. minced crystallized ginger, if you like
- In a small bowl, soften tapioca in hot water to cover 1 hour.
- While tapioca is soaking, in a small saucepan cook coconut lowfat milk, ginger, and sugar over moderate heat, stirring, till sugar is dissolved. Remove pan from heat and let mix stand 10 min.
- Drain tapioca. Peel bananas and quarter lengthwise. Cut quarters into 1/2-inch pcs.
- Heat coconut lowfat milk mix over low heat and gently stir in tapioca and bananas. Cook pudding, stirring (be careful not to break up bananas), till thickened slightly and bananas are heated through, about 5 min, and cold. Divide pudding among six 3/4 c. ramekins and chill, covered, till cool. Garnish with crystallized ginger.
- Yield: 6 servings
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 485g|
|Calories from Fat 1064||51%|
|Total Fat 127.09g||159%|
|Saturated Fat 112.33g||449%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 245.96g||66%|
|Dietary Fiber 19.4g||65%|