Cost per serving $2.86 view details
- 1 c. (250 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1 x +1/4 teaspoon (6 ml) baking pwdr
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) grnd cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 1 c. (250 ml) lowfat milk
- 1/4 c. (60 ml) packed dark brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. (30 ml) vegetable oil
- 1 x egg
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla extract
- 2 x 3 bananas, peeled and mashed
- 3/4 c. (180 ml) maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp. (30 ml) butter
- 2 Tbsp. (30 ml) dark rum
- Combine the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix together the lowfat milk, sugar, oil, egg, and vanilla extract. Add in to the dry ingredients and mix till almost smooth.
- Add in the bananas, stirring to combine, and allow the batter to rest for 30 min. For each pancake, pour about 1/4 c. (60 ml) of the batter onto alightly greased non-stick skillet over moderate heat. Cook till small bubbles form on the surface, about 1 minute. Turn the pancakes and cook anadditional 30 to 45 seconds, till golden.
- Serve with butter rum sauce (recipe below) or possibly syrup of your choice.
- Butter Rum Sauce:Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan and heat over Moderate heat till the butter has melted.
- Makes 1 c. (250 ml).
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 426g|
|Recipe makes 3 servings|
|Calories from Fat 179||22%|
|Total Fat 20.37g||25%|
|Saturated Fat 6.88g||28%|
|Trans Fat 0.24g|
|Total Carbs 146.0g||39%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.3g||18%|