Moist, aromatic and incredibly tasty. After having looked over a few similar banana chocolate muffin recipes, I decided to put my personal touch to please my expectations. Success with the perfect combination of ingredients.
For a dedicated post...refer to:
- . > American / Metric measures <
- . DRY mix:
- . 1 cup (150g) All-Purpose flour
- . 1 cup (130g) whole wheat flour
- . 1 tsp. (5ml) baking powder
- . 1 tsp. (5ml) baking soda
- . 1/2 tsp. (2.5ml) sea salt
- . 3/4 cup (165g) granulated sugar
- . 1/2 cup (120g) candied ginger, finely chopped
- . 1/2 cup (70g) roasted almonds, coarsely chopped
- . 3/4 cup (135gr bittersweet (65-70%) chocolate (coarsely chopped)
- . WET mix:
- . 1/2 cup (125ml) plain yogurt (2%+)
- . 1-1/2 cup (350ml) ripe bananas (about 3 large), mashed
- . 1/2 cup (125ml) vegetable oil
- . 2 large eggs
- . 1 tsp. (5ml) vanilla extract
- . 1 orange zest (optional)
- . 12 paper liners (optional)
- . vegetable oil spray
- >>>Alternative ingredients: I certainly would substitute with shredded coconut as well as dried raisins or cranberries in this recipe without hesitation.
- . Pre-heat oven at 350F/180C/Gas4. Position rack at the bottom level of the oven. Prepare a muffin pan with paper liners. Note: oil spray will be used right before pouring the batter.
- . DRY MIX: In a large bowl...whisk together all the dry ingredients...except for the chocolate.
- . WET MIX: In a medium bowl...mash the very ripe bananas and add to it the rest of the wet ingredients. Blend until well combined.
- . ASSEMBLY: Make a well in the dry ingredients and then add the wet mixture. Combine well and only until there is no appearance of flour. Fold in the chopped chocolate. Do not over mix the batter. Set aside.
- . Spray a generous spot of oil into every paper liner. Fill them evenly to the top with the batter. This will give big muffin caps ;o)
- . BAKE them for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. When you take them out...do not wait longer than 5 minutes to extract them out of their molds. Yes, they will still be hot...but not unmanageable. This will stop the muffin from over baking and will keep the liners from sticking too much to the muffin.
- . When ready to peel off the cupcake liners...be gentle and patient. Remember...there's a lot of chocolate melted in these scrumptiously delicious muffins. If not planning to eat the muffins within the next two days...it's best to freeze them with their paper liners up to one months time. When re-warming...keep the paper liners on. Set the oven on very low for about 20 minutes.
- . Happy baking and flavourful wishes, FOODESSA.com