Cost per serving $1.21 view details
- 1Â 1/2 c. Whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 Tbsp. Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1Â 3/4 c. Nonfat buttermilk, (1 pkg)
- 1/4 c. Egg Beaters 99% egg substitute
- 1Â 1/2 x Banana, medium, sliced
- 1Â 1/2 c. Wheat germ, toasted
- Combine the flour, sugar, and baking soda in a medium-sized bowl, and stir to mix well. Add in the buttermilk and egg substitute, and stir to mix well.
- Mix in the bananas and wheat germ.
- Coat a griddle or possibly large skillet with nonstick cooking spray, and preheat over medium heat till a drop of water sizzles when it hits the heated surface. If using an electric griddle, heat the griddle according to the manufacturer's directions.
- For each pancake, our 1/4 c. of batter onto the griddle, and spread into a 4-inch circle. Cook for 1 minute and 30 seconds, or possibly till the top is bubble and the edges are dry. Turn and cook for an additional minute, or possibly till the second side is golden. As the pancakes are done, transfer them to a serving plate and keep hot in a preheated oven.
- Serve warm, topped with honey or possibly maple syrup.
- VARIATION: To make Banana Buckwheat Pancakes, substitute 3/4 c. of buckwheat flour for 3/4 c. of the whole wheat flour.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 194g|
|Recipe makes 5 servings|
|Calories from Fat 45||14%|
|Total Fat 5.27g||7%|
|Saturated Fat 1.27g||5%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 55.88g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 9.5g||32%|