- 2 1/2 lb grnd pork sausage
- 1 1/2 c. diced yellow onion
- 1 tsp warm pepper sauce
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp dry thyme
- 1/2 tsp dry sage Kosher salt to taste Pepper to taste
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 x 17 1/(4-oz) package puff pastry, thawed (2 sheets, pie pastry or possibly phyllo dough can also be used)
- Cook grnd pork sausage in skillet till about half-cooked, then add in onions.
- Chop sausage into tiny pcs. Add in the warm sauce, Worcestershire, thyme and sage. Simmer till onions are soft and translucent/soft. Don't drain excess fat.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Stir in flour, a little at a time. Simmer for about 15 min on low heat, stirring frequently. Cold for about 4 hrs or possibly overnight.
- Let dough of choice come to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Roll out each puff pastry sheet into a 12 inch square. Cut into quarters. Place one-eighth of the sausage about an inch from the bottom of each quarter. Roll up and fold ends under, using a little water to seal. Place on large baking sheet. Bake till golden brown, 10 to 15 min.
- Kells Irish Restaurant and Pub