Cost per serving $0.47 view details
- 3 lrg Yams (abt 4 lbs)
- 1/2 c. Water
- 6 Tbsp. Honey
- 4 Tbsp. Unsalted butter at room temperature
- Â Â Juice of 4 limes
- 1Â 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Freshly-grnd black pepper
- Â Â Lowfat sour cream for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash the yams and place in a baking dish with the water. Bake till the potatoes are soft and the skins puffy, about 1 1/2 hrs. Set aside to cold slightly (leave the oven on).
- Peel the yams and place in a medium baking dish. Add in the honey, butter, lime juice, salt and pepper. Stir and mash well with a potato masher. Cover with aluminum foil and return to the oven for 15 to 20 min, till heated through. Sprinkle the top with lowfat sour cream and serve warm.
- This recipe yields 6 to 8 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 81g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 68||49%|
|Total Fat 7.7g||10%|
|Saturated Fat 4.87g||19%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 19.78g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.2g||1%|