Cost per serving $0.21 view details
- 1/2 c. unsalted butter - (1 stick) room temperature
- 1 Tbsp. New Mexico chili pwdr plus
- 2 tsp New Mexico chili pwdr see * Note
- 1 Tbsp. grnd cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 6 x yams (red-skinned sweet potatoes)
- * Note: A pure chili pwdr, sold in the spice section of some supermarkets. If unavailable, substitute an equal quantity of regular mild chili pwdr.
- Using electric mixer, beat first 5 ingredients in medium bowl till fluffy. (Can be made 3 days ahead. Cover and chill. Bring to room temperature before using.)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line large baking sheet with foil. Place yams on sheet; bake till tender, about 1 hour 10 min. Slit each yam lengthwise. Spoon 1 Tbsp. butter into each. Serve, passing remaining butter separately.
- This recipe yields 6 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 20g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 135||97%|
|Total Fat 15.37g||19%|
|Saturated Fat 9.72g||39%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 1.08g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.7g||2%|