Cost per recipe $20.47 view details
- 1 x 6-8 lb hubbard squash, cut in 1/2/ top 1/2 cubed and skin removed
- 1/4 lb Diced pancetta (may subsitute lean bacon)
- 1 lrg Red onion, diced
- 3 x Leeks, sliced 1/4" white and light green parts only
- 3 x Ribs celery, sliced 1/4" pcs
- 2 tsp Thyme, sage, oregano freshly minced
- 1 Tbsp. Grnd cumin
- 2 Tbsp. Cilantro freshly minced
- 3 x Grilled whole jalapeno peppers, minced, MORE TO INDIVIDUAL TASTES
- 3 x Sausages, chrizo or possibly warm italian, remove from casings and break up 3 to 4
- 3 c. Cooked wild rice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut top from squash and remove seeds and strings. Prick cavity with a fork, rub with extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Place the bottom 1/2 on a baking sheet on middle oven rack and bake for 45 min. (time will vary with the size of the squash)
- Heat 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil in large saute/fry pan and brown pancetta and sausage.
- Add in leeks, onions, celery and jalappeno peppers. Saute/fry till soft (approx 10 minutes). Add in top 1/2 of squash which has been cubed with the skin removed and the herbs. When the squash has softened, add in the cooked wild rice and stuff the bottom 1/2 of the squash with the remaining sauted mix. Bake for 1 hour or possibly till tender.
- Cut squash into wedges and serve each person squash and stuffing.
- Serves 6-8
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 3361g|
|Calories from Fat 1178||29%|
|Total Fat 131.82g||165%|
|Saturated Fat 43.78g||175%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 575.88g||154%|
|Dietary Fiber 37.2g||124%|