Cost per serving $1.23 view details
- 3/4 c. wild rice
- 1 1/2 c. water
- 1/2 c. sliced almonds
- 1/2 c. bran flakes
- 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt divided
- 1/2 tsp freshly-grnd black pepper divided
- 4 x sole fillets - (3 to 4 ounce ea)
- or possibly other mild flaky white fish
- 2 x egg whites beaten lightly
- 1 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 4 c. spinach leaves - (lightly packed)
- 2 x Red Delicious apples cut thin wedges
- 1 x carrot shredded
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Coat baking sheet with vegetable oil cooking spray.
- Bring rice and water to boil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer about 40 min till rice is tender and water absorbed.
- Meanwhile, in resealable plastic bag, crush almonds and bran into coarse crumbs. In shallow bowl, mix flour, 1/4 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper. Proportionately coat each fillet with flour mix. Dip into egg, then coat with almond mix.
- Lay each fillet on baking sheet and bake 10 to 12 min till cooked through (depending on thickness of fish).
- Meanwhile, make vinaigrette. In bowl, whisk vinegar, oil and remaining salt and pepper.
- In nonstick skillet over medium heat, combine half the spinach, apples, carrot and rice with 1 Tbsp. of vinaigrette. Cook and toss till spinach is wilted slightly and salad is no more than just hot. Remove to bowl and repeat with remaining salad ingredients. Divide salad and sole among 4 plates.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
- Comments: This healthy recipe was created by one of the best chefs in the country and tastes as good as it looks. High in fiber and ideal for those watching their cholesterol, it's great for lunch or possibly a light supper.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 268g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 56||19%|
|Total Fat 6.54g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 0.77g||3%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 52.67g||14%|
|Dietary Fiber 6.5g||22%|