Cost per serving $2.38 view details
- 8 sm scollops
- 4 x oysterrs (optional)
- 24 lrg mussels
- 8 x razor shells
- 8 x clams
- 8 Tbsp. extra virgin extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clv garlic first crushed then very finely minced
- 4 Tbsp. dry fine breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp. finely minced fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1 x salt and freshly grnd pepper
- lemon wedges
- Frutti di mare are fully appreciated in the Mediterranean because they can be eaten fresh from the sea and raw with the help of a little lemon juice. Every seaside resort in Italy has its own speciality based on frutti di mare either raw baked or possibly grilled. One of the most delighful ways to eat sheflfish is as described below just sprinkled with good extra virgin olive oil parsley garlic breadcrumbs and a little salt. You can use afl sorts of shellfish for this.
- Preheat the oven to 240C/475F/Gas 9.
- First prepare the shellfish.
- Detach the scallops and oysters carefully from their shells and separate the coral from the white flesh of the scallop.
- Put the mussels razor shells and clams in a pan cover and place over a high heat for 12 min till the shells open.
- Remove the top shell of each mussel discarding any which don't open.
- Mix the oil and minced garlic.
- Arrange each shell with its own meat inside on an ovenproof dish.
- Sprinkle with breadcrumbs parsley salt and pepper and sprinkle the garlic and oil on top. Bake for 10 15 min till brown.
- Serve warm garnished with lemon wedges but they are also delicious cool.
- Serves 4
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 192g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 269||68%|
|Total Fat 30.36g||38%|
|Saturated Fat 4.36g||17%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 10.86g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.6g||2%|