Baking lean chicken breasts is an ideal way to serve a low-fat, yet rich in protein meal. However, chicken can get dry in the oven. I have used various coatings to help prevent this but keeping in mind that healthy also means watching sodium consumption some of my methods need adjusting. This time I blended my usual ranch dressing mix coating with whole wheat flour. You could use all-purpose flour if that is what you have on hand.
- Â¼ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 oz package ranch dressing mix
- 2 Â½ lbs chicken breasts, trimmed
- cooking oil spray
- Mix the flour and dressing mix in a bowl.
- Lightly spray a cookie sheet with the oil.
- Dip each side of the chicken and lay on the sheet.
- Spray the top lightly with oil.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and spray the tops of the chicken lightly with oil.
- Turn chicken over and return to the oven.
- Bake for an additional 20-30 minutes depending on the thickness of the chicken.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 160g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 149||50%|
|Total Fat 16.55g||21%|
|Saturated Fat 4.42g||18%|
|Trans Fat 0.2g|
|Total Carbs 3.95g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.6g||2%|