Cost per serving $0.82 view details
- 6 x mini pumpkins - (2 1/2" to 3" dia)
- 12 ounce bulk pork sausage
- 1 x egg
- 1 c. coarse Italian-style seasoned bread crumbs
- (homemade or possibly purchased)
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh sage
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp freshly-grnd black pepper
- Salt to taste
- With a sharp knife, slice off the upper one-fourth of the pumpkins and set the tops aside. Scoop out the seeds, and if necessary, sufficient flesh to leave a shell about 1/2 inch thick.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, combine the sausage, egg, bread crumbs, sage, parsley, pepper, and salt, and mix well. Fill each pumpkin with some of the stuffing, mounding it 1/2 inch above the rim. Place the pumpkins on a baking sheet with their tops alongside, stem up. Bake 35 to 45 min, till the filling is hard and has begun to pull away just slightly from the sides and the pumpkin shells are easily pierced with a knife.
- Replace the tops and serve warm.
- This recipe yields 6 first course or possibly side dish servings.
- Comments: The savory juices of the herbed stuffing permeate and flavor the pumpkins as they bake, making a decorative and tasty presentation for a fall meal.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 64g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 143||78%|
|Total Fat 15.82g||20%|
|Saturated Fat 5.24g||21%|
|Trans Fat 0.12g|
|Total Carbs 0.3g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.2g||1%|