My signatured dish since College. Been cooking this for YEARS already like almost each and every occasion I'll have with my friends. It's a staple menu from me to them.
I enjoy preparing this dish because its easy, practical and healthy to eat!
- 2-3 packs of small potatoes
- 1 pack of bacon bits (I use King Sue, Im not sure if other brands have this kind)
- 1 bar of cheddar cheese
- 1 box of nestle cream
- 1/2 cup evap milk (optional)
- 1 1/2 tbsp white vinegar
- 1/2 cube of knorr beef
- Pepper and salt to taste
- 2 tsp sugar
- - Rinse the small potatoes completely as we would be eating everything even the skin.
- - Boil in water until potatoes look crisp and soft.
- - Drain and set aside.
- - In a skillet, cook the bacon bits
- For the sour cheese cream:
- - Pour 1 box of nestle cream in a medium size sauce pan. Bring to a boil until it looks a lil fluffly.
- - Shred cheese and continuously stir it until all cheese melts.
- - If the sauce looks a little sticky, add half a cup of evap milk or you can use water instead just make sure you add a little bit more of cream and cheese (adjust the measurements if you don't want to use an evap cream-this will bring a little sweetness to the sauce)
- - Drop and melt the half broth cube. Stir to incorporate taste.
- - Add a sprinkle of salt, pepper and sugar to taste
- - Lastly, add the white vinegar but make sure to stir it fastly as this would make the sauce too thick and it can get burned easily. You can adjust the number of tbsps of vinegar you'd like depending on the sourness you'd like on your sauce.
- Put the cooked potatoes in a serving dish-baking tray (so that you don't have to transfer everything again, you just have to serve it). Pour on the sour-cream sauce all over the tray, and sprinkle all the bacon bits on top. You can shred more cheese if you want to and add some thyme or rosemary leaves. Pop it into the oven for 20-25 min. or just until cheese melts!
- Enjoy! :)
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 388g|
|Calories from Fat 103||25%|
|Total Fat 11.71g||15%|
|Saturated Fat 7.34g||29%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 65.06g||17%|
|Dietary Fiber 7.0g||23%|