Cost per recipe $15.48 view details
- 2 c. finely minced onion
- 2 lrg garlic cloves chopped
- 1/4 tsp dry warm red pepper flakes or possibly to taste
- 1 tsp dry basil crumbled
- 1 tsp dry oregano crumbled
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb fresh shiitake mushrooms stems discarded and the caps sliced
- 1/2 stk unsalted butter (1/4 c.)
- 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 c. lowfat milk
- two (28-oz) cans Italian tomatoes, liquid removed well and minced
- 1/4 lb thinly sliced prosciutto cut into strips
- 1/4 lb Italian Fontina grated (about 1 c.)
- 1/4 lb Gorgonzola crumbled (about 1 c.)
- 1 1/2 c. freshly grated Parmesan
- 2/3 c. chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 lb farfalle (large bow-tie-shaped pasta) or possibly penne (quill-shaped macaroni)
- In a large skillet cook the onion, the garlic, the red pepper flakes, the basil, and the oregano in the oil over moderately low heat, stirring, till the onion is softened. Add in the mushrooms, cook the mix over moderate heat, stirring, for 10 to 15 min, or possibly till the mushrooms are tender, and transfer the mushroom mix to a large bowl. In the skillet
- heat 3 Tbsp. of the butter over moderately low heat, whisk in the flour, and cook the roux, stirring, for 3 min. Add in the lowfat milk in a stream, whisking, and simmer the mix, whisking, for 2 min, or possibly till it is thickened. Pour the sauce over the mushroom mix and add in the tomatoes, the prosciutto, the Fontina, the Gorgonzola, 1 1/4 c. of the Parmesan, and the parsley.
- In a kettle of boiling salted water cook the pasta for 5 min (the pasta won't be tender) and drain it well. Add in the pasta and salt and pepper to taste to the mushroom mix, toss the mix till it is combined well, and transfer it to a buttered 3- to 4-qt baking dish.
- The pasta may be prepared up to this point and kept covered and chilled overnight. Bring the pasta to room temperature before continuing with the
- recipe. Sprinkle the pasta with the remaining 1/4 c. Parmesan, dot it with the remaining 1 Tbsp. butter, cut into bits, and bake it in the middle of a preheated 450F. oven for 25 to 30 min, or possibly till the top is golden brown and the pasta is tender.
- Serves 6 to 8.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 2090g|
|Calories from Fat 1890||41%|
|Total Fat 215.09g||269%|
|Saturated Fat 118.29g||473%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 430.16g||115%|
|Dietary Fiber 23.6g||79%|