Cost per serving $0.92 view details
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion -- chopped
- 3 garlic cloves -- minced
- 5 plum tomatoes -- seeded and chopped
- 16 ounces dried linguine or vermicelli
- 1/2 cup butter -- (1 stick) melted
- 8 ounces smoked mozzarella cheese -- cubed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 cup fresh bread crumbs
- In a skillet, heat 3 tablespoons of the oil over low heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and saute for about 5 minutes or until the onion is transparent. Add the tomatoes and saute for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water according to the package directions. Drain and toss with the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. Place in a large mixing bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Add 1/4 cup of the melted butter, plus the tomato-onion mixture, the cheese, and the parsley, to the pasta. Toss well. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon into a greased 2-quart casserole. Combine the remaining 1/4 cup melted butter with the bread crumbs and sprinkle on top.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Place under the broiler for 30 seconds to brown the bread crumbs just before serving.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 221g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 227||43%|
|Total Fat 25.71g||32%|
|Saturated Fat 11.65g||47%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 58.06g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.7g||12%|