Cost per recipe $3.15 view details
- 2 c. Mixed Oil-Cured Olives, rinsed and liquid removed
- 2/3 c. Dry White Wine
- 1/4 c. Extra-Virgin Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. Slivered Garlic
- 3 Tbsp. Chopped Fresh Parsley
- 2 Tbsp. Chopped Mixed Fresh Herbs
- 1/4 tsp Red Chile Flakes, crushed
- Freshly Grnd Black Pepper
- Reheat the oven to 375 degrees. In a baking dish, arrange the olives in a single layer. Add in the wine and 2 Tbsp. of the oil. Cover tightly with foil. Bake till the olives are fragrant, approximately 45 min. Most, but not all, of the liquid should be absorbed; the olives should be tender and somewhat plump.
- Meanwhile, using a mortar and pestle, combine the garlic, parsley, mixed herbs, chile flakes, and the remaining extra virgin olive oil. Mash to create a paste.
- (This may also be done in a food processor, although the texture won't be the same.) When the olives are out of the oven and still warm, combine with the garlic paste, tossing thoroughly to mix. Add in black pepper to taste. Let the olives marinate for several hrs or possibly overnight before serving. The olives may be stored, refrigerated, for several weeks. Bring the olives to room temperature before serving.
- CRUDITES:6 c. mixed crisp peeled vegetables, such as carrots, celery, scallions, parsnips, jicama, and red bell pepper, cut into thick strips.
- Hot GARLIC DIPPING SAUCE:4 Tbsp. unsalted butter 10 garlic cloves, finely slivered 10 anchovy fillets, well rinsed and minced 1 c. extra virgin olive oil 2 Tbsp. sherry vinegar 3 Tbsp. minced fresh parsley
- In a saucepan, heat the butter. Add in the garlic and saute/fry till soft but not brown. Stir in the anchovies, extra virgin olive oil, vinegar, and parsley and heat through. Keep hot.
- Serve the olives and crudites arranged on a platter or possibly on individual plates around a ramekin filled with the hot dipping sauce. Serve immediately with lots of crusty French bread.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 258g|
|Calories from Fat 681||82%|
|Total Fat 77.16g||96%|
|Saturated Fat 22.07g||88%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 7.46g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.5g||2%|