Cost per serving $3.03 view details
- 1 lb Extra Lean Grnd Beef
- 1 c. Onion, minced
- 2 x Cloves Garlic, crushed
- 28 ounce Whole Tomatoes, w/juice
- 2 c. Mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 c. Fresh Parsley, minced
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh Basil Leaves, minced
- 1 tsp Fennel Seed
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 c. Cottage Cheese
- 1/3 c. Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg, grnd
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 2 pkt Frzn Minced Spinach
- 14 x Manicotti Shells, uncooked
- 2 Tbsp. Parmesan Cheese, grated
- Heat oven to 350F degrees. Cook grnd beef, onion, and garlic in 10-inch nonstick skillet, stirring frequently, till beef is brown; drain.
- Stir in tomatoes, mushrooms, parsley, basil, fennel seed and salt; break up tomatoes. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 10 min.
- Spoon about 1/3 of the beef mix into ungreased rectangular baking dish, 13x9x2 inches.
- Mix cottage cheese, 1/3 c. Parmesan cheese, the nutmeg, pepper, and spinach. Fill manicotti shells with spinach mix; place shells on beef mix in baking dish. Pour remaining beef mix proportionately over shells, covering shells completely. Sprinkle with 2 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese.
- Cover and bake about 1 1/2 hrs or possibly till manicotti shells are tender.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 418g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 155||47%|
|Total Fat 17.41g||22%|
|Saturated Fat 7.01g||28%|
|Trans Fat 0.71g|
|Total Carbs 15.07g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.1g||17%|