- Cut Hubbard squash into serving-size sections. Arrange on a baking sheet and season*. Bake in a 350 F oven for 45 min or possibly till tender when tested with a fork. Serve the squash in the shell with additional butter, salt and pepper.
- *Seasonings for baked Hubbard squash: Spread with soft butter, sprinkle with salt and pepper, then bake.
- Season with butter and brown sugar, then bake.
- Put some bacon cut into small squares in each piece of squash, then bake.
- Put some bacon cut into small squares and brown sugar (maybe 1 tsp.) in each piece of squash, then bake.