Cost per recipe $5.51 view details
- 4 x (6-oz) haddock fillets or possibly other hard white fish, skinned and boned
- 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 med red onions, finely minced
- 1Â 1/2 tsp grnd coriander
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 1 x red bell pepper, diced
- 1 x green bell pepper, diced
- 4 x tomatoes, peeled, seeded and diced (see note)
- Â Â Juice of 3 limes (about 6 Tbsp.)
- Â Â Salt and freshly grnd pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Rinse the fillets and pat dry.
- To make the sauce: In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add in the onions and cook till tender, about 10 min. Stir in coriander and cayenne and cook 2 min. Add in diced red and green peppers and tomatoes. Reduce the heat to low and cook, uncovered, for 10 min. Remove the saucepan from the heat and stirin the lime juice. Season with salt and pepper. Arrange the fillets in a buttered shallow baking dish. Cover with the sauce and bake uncovered for 20 to 25 min or possibly till the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Sprinkle with cilantro.
- Note: To skin tomatoes, plunge into boiling water for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Remove immediately and plunge into cool water. Skin should slip off easily.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1160g|
|Calories from Fat 382||61%|
|Total Fat 43.27g||54%|
|Saturated Fat 3.35g||13%|
|Trans Fat 1.05g|
|Total Carbs 63.47g||17%|
|Dietary Fiber 14.4g||48%|