Cost per serving $1.73 view details
- 1/2 lb skinless boneless chicken breast cut into 1/4"
- Â Â strips
- 1 x onion minced
- 2 x cloves garlic chopped
- 28 ounce crushed tomatoes no salt added
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 2 c. penne pasta
- 2/3 c. fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1/3 c. shredded lowfat mozzarella cheese
- 2 Tbsp. grated parmesan cheese
- 1. Spray a large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray; heat. Add in the chicken and cook, turning as needed, till lightly browned, 5-6 min. Transfer to a plate.
- 2. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- 3. Spray the same skillet with more nonstick cooking spray. Add in the onion and garlic; cook, stirring as needed, till softened, about 5 min.
- Add in the tomatoes, Italian seasoning and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, stirring as needed, till the mix is thickened slightly, 8-10 min.
- 4. Meanwhile, cook the ziti according to package directions. Drain and mix with the ricotta cheese.
- 5. Pour half of the tomato mix into a 13X9" baking pan, layer with the ziti mix, the chicken and the remaining tomato mix. Sprinkle with the cheeses. Bake till warm and bubbling and the cheese is melted, 15-20 min.
- "Nickaduck" to TNT It was good, and I'll definitely make it again, but I think I would like the consistency and flavor of spaghetti sauce better. I would then leave out the whole step of sauteing the onion and garlic. I use Barilla and it doesn't change the Weight Watcher point count too much. This is huge for 4 servings.
- If you eat smaller servings this is more like 6 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 415g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 86||14%|
|Total Fat 9.7g||12%|
|Saturated Fat 4.75g||19%|
|Trans Fat 0.01g|
|Total Carbs 100.63g||27%|
|Dietary Fiber 6.5g||22%|