Cost per recipe $8.42 view details
- 1 1/4 c. dry black beans soaked overnight (I use 2 1/2 c. rinsed and liquid removed canned beans)
- 1 c. tomato sauce
- 1 c. minced onions
- 1 c. celery minced
- 1 x sweet red pepper minced
- 1/2 c. chili sauce
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 tsp chili pwdr
- 1/2 tsp grnd ginger
- 1/4 c. lowfat cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/4 c. monterey jack cheese lowfat, shredded
- 2 Tbsp. bread crumbs, seasoned
- 1 Tbsp. italian parsley minced
- 1/8 tsp grnd red pepper
- 1. Drain the beans and place in a 2 quart saucepan. Add in cool water to cover.
- Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 1 hour, or possibly till just tender. Drain and place in a large bowl. (Note: Leaveout this step if using canned beans)
- 2. Preheat oven to 350. Coat a 2 1/2 quart casserole with no-stick spray (I do not spray my casserole); set aside.
- 3. To the beans, add in the tomato sauce, onions, celery, red peppers, chili sauce, maple syrup, chili pwdr and ginger. Mix well and spoon into the prepared casserole. Cover and bake for 1 hour, or possibly till the beans are verytender.
- 4. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix the Cheddar, Monterey Jack, bread crumbs,parsley and grnd pepper.
- 5. Uncover the casserole and sprinkle with the topping. Bake, uncovered, for 15 to 20 min, or possibly till the cheese has melted and is bubbly.
- Makes 4 servings
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1036g|
|Calories from Fat 231||17%|
|Total Fat 26.41g||33%|
|Saturated Fat 13.94g||56%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 213.58g||57%|
|Dietary Fiber 49.4g||165%|