Cost per serving $0.36 view details
- 1/3 c. tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp. spicy brown mustard
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly-grnd black pepper
- 1Â 1/4 c. Coca-Cola or possibly more if needed
- 3 can assorted beans - (15 to 16 ounce ea) liquid removed
- Â Â (such as kidney, black and pinto beans)
- 6 x bacon slices quartered crosswise
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Oil 8- by 8- by 2-inch glass baking dish.
- Mix first 5 ingredients in large bowl. Stir in 1 1/4 c. Coca-Cola. Add in beans; stir to blend. Transfer to prepared dish. Top bean mix with bacon pcs.
- Bake till bacon is crisp and bean mix is warm and bubbling, about 1 hour. If mix is dry, pour 1/4 c. more Coca-Cola over bean mix to moisten. Let stand 10 min. Serve.
- This recipe yields 6 servings.
- Comments: Coca-Cola was invented in the late 1800s by Atlanta pharmacist John Styth Pemberton, and it really hit its stride after the turn of the century. The company has introduced several variations over the years (Diet Coke, Cherry Coke and the short-lived New Coke), but Coca-Cola Classic has always been the big seller. And it has made its way into quite a few recipes, including a Coca-Cola cake and a Coke-glazed baked ham. Here it adds a sweet caramel note to a simple version of baked beans.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 3376g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 6498||48%|
|Total Fat 721.99g||902%|
|Saturated Fat 132.8g||531%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 1642.43g||438%|
|Dietary Fiber 93.9g||313%|