Cost per recipe $7.48 view details
- 2 c. Dry navy beans, washed and soaked overnight or possibly for at least 6 hrs in 1 1/2 qts water
- 2 quart Additional water
- 1Â 1/2 tsp Dry mustard or possibly 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 x Onion, minced fine
- 1/2 c. Chutney
- Â Â Freshly grnd pepper, to taste
- 2 x Apples, sliced
- 3 x Peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 c. Dry apricots
- 1/4 c. Brown rice syrup
- 1/4 c. Molasses
- Drain the beans and combine with the 2 qts water in a stockpot or possibly dutch oven. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, cover, and simmer 1 hour, till the beans are tender but not mushy. Drain, reserving 1 1/2 c. of the cooking liquid.
- In a small bowl, dissolve the mustard in the bean liquid and combine with the finely minced onion, chutney, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir this into the beans.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Pour half of the bean mix into a 2- or possibly 3-qt lidded casserole or possibly baking dish. Top with half of the sliced apples, peaches, and apricots, then pour in the rest of the bean mix and top with the rest of the fruit. Combine the rice syrup and the molasses and pour proportionately over the top.
- Cover and bake for 1 hour, then remove the cover and bake for another 30 min. Serve steaming warm.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 3455g|
|Calories from Fat 77||3%|
|Total Fat 9.22g||12%|
|Saturated Fat 1.05g||4%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 462.74g||123%|
|Dietary Fiber 120.6g||402%|