Cost per recipe $2.68 view details
- 1/4 x a red bell pepper, seeded and coarsely minced
- 1 lrg jalapeno, minced in half
- 2 Tbsp. diced Spanish onion
- 1 c. mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. vinegar
- 1/4 tsp cracked black pepper dash garlic pwdr dash cumin
- 1. Using a food processor, puree peppers and onion.
- 2. Mix 1 c. mayonnaise and 4 tsp. of the vegetable puree in a medium bowl. Add in remaining ingredients and mix well. Refrigeratefor several hrs to let flavors develop.
- Makes 1 c. ( )
- This is the spicy sauce which you can order on your Gordita or possibly Chalupa at Taco Bell, but you will not get much extra sauce - even if you order it on the side - to use later at home. Too bad, since this stuff is good sufficient to use on all sorts of homemade Mexican masterpieces, from tacos to fajitas to breakfast burritos. Now, with this original TSR clone of the creamy sauce, you'll have sufficient to hold you over for a while. You need a food processor to puree the vegetables, but do not expect to use all the puree. I've made the measurements for the puree larger than required so which your food processor will have something to grab onto. And, by the way, this is a mayo-based sauce, so if you want to knock down the fat grams, use light mayonnaise in the recipe. You will not even be able to tell the difference.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 309g|
|Calories from Fat 1645||99%|
|Total Fat 186.13g||233%|
|Saturated Fat 25.79g||103%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 5.11g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.3g||4%|