Cost per serving $1.26 view details
- 1 10-oz package of pitted dates (I prefer Medjool dates)
- Â½ lb bacon slices cut into halves
- 4 oz. tub of crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- Slit the pitted dates and insert crumbled Gorgonzola cheese.
- Dribble about Â¾ teaspoon of honey on each date.
- Microwave bacon slices for about 2 minutes to partially cook them without browning.
- Wrap each stuffed date with a strip of bacon and secure with a toothpick. Put the wrapped dates on a broiler pan on top of a foil-lined pan (to catch the extra grease)
- Broil on low for 3 minutes until lightly browned and then turn over and broil for another 3-4 minutes on the opposite side.
- Place the cooked bacon-embraced dates on a paper towel to drain.
- Serve warm. These are easy, delicious appetizers served with wine. (I prefer a Pinot Noir).
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 79g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 151||53%|
|Total Fat 16.9g||21%|
|Saturated Fat 6.9g||28%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 28.53g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.4g||8%|