Cost per serving $1.19 view details
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 4 Tbsp cold butter
- 1 cup freshly grated cheddar cheese
- 12 slices of bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1/3 cup chives, chopped
- Â¾ cup, plus 2 Tbsp cream â plus more for brushing
- Pre-heat oven to 425. Lightly grease a baking pan or line it with parchment paper.
- Whisk together flour, salt, baking powder and sugar in a large bowl.
- Using your hands, incorporate the butter until mixture is unevenly crumbly. Some of your butter will remain in larger pieces, which is exactly what youâre trying to achieve.
- Mix in cheese, chives and bacon until evenly distributed.
- Add Â¾ cup of cream and work in with your hands. If the mixture sticks together and you have no remaining crumbs at the bottom of the bowl, do not add more cream. If crumbs remain, add more cream â 1 Tbsp at a time â until the mixture holds together.
- Transfer the dough to a floured work surface.
- Pat dough into a 7â disk and roll until it is about Â¾â thick. Transfer the disk to your baking sheet.
- Using a knife, cut into 8 wedges and spread apart slightly on the baking sheet.
- Brush the tops of the scones with additional cream to help them brown while cooking.
- Bake for 20 â 22 minutes until scones are golden brown.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 133g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 325||66%|
|Total Fat 36.44g||46%|
|Saturated Fat 17.0g||68%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 26.63g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.0g||3%|