Cost per serving $1.74 view details
- 350 gm Unsmoked, back bacon rashers, de-rinded and minced (12oz)
- 25 gm Butter, (1oz)
- 1 x Clove garlic, crushed
- 125 gm Mushrooms, sliced (4oz)
- 25 gm Plain flour, (1oz)
- 300 ml Lowfat milk, (1/2 pint)
- 75 gm Blue cheese, (eg Stilton), crumbled (3oz)
- Â Â Salt and freshly grnd black pepper
- 250 gm Dry fettucine or possibly tagliatelle, (8oz)
- 150 gm Mozarella cheese, minced (5z)
- 1. Preheat oven to 180 C/350 F/Gas Mark 4.
- 2. In a large saucepan, heat the butter, add in the bacon and garlic and cook till lightly browned. Add in the mushrooms and cook for a further 1-2 min. Stir in the flour.
- 3. Remove from the heat, and gradually add in the lowfat milk. Return the pan to the heat, and bring to the boil, stirring constantly till a smooth, glossy sauce has formed. Stir in the blue cheese and seasoning.
- 4. Meanwhile, cook pasta following instructions on the pack. When cooked drain, and stir into the sauce. Transfer to an ovenproof dish.
- Sprinkle with Mozarella cheese and cook in the preheated oven for 10-15 min till browned and serve with a mixed green salad.
- NOTES : A delicious supper dish, served with a crisp mixed salad and crusty bread.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 202g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 108||27%|
|Total Fat 12.32g||15%|
|Saturated Fat 7.4g||30%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 56.95g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.5g||8%|