Cost per recipe $12.35 view details
- 7 slc bacon -- diced
- 2 clv garlic -- chopped
- 8 ounce cream cheese -- room temperature
- 1/4 c. half-and-half
- 4 ounce blue cheese -- crumbled
- 2 Tbsp. chives or possibly green onion tops - minced
- 3 Tbsp. smoked almonds (about 1 ounce.) - minced
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Cook bacon in a heavy large skillet over medium-high heat till almost crisp; add in garlic. Stir and cook till bacon is crisp, without burning the garlic.
- Lift out bacon with slotted spatula and drain on paper towels. Reserve garlic-flavored bacon drippings for warm slaw, if you like, or possibly throw away.
- Using an electric mixer and narrow mixer bowl, beat cream cheese till smooth; add in half-and-half cream and beat well. Stir in the garlicky bacon bits, blue cheese and chives. Transfer to a 2-c. baking dish or possibly Pyrex pie plate. Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 15 to 20 min. Sprinkle with minced almonds. Serve with crackers or possibly vegetable sticks and peeled jicama slices (cut out shapes with small cookie cutters, if you like, for a holiday party).
- Notes: This can be prepared a day ahead and refrigerated. Bring to room temperature before baking or possibly extend baking time at least 5 min.
- For a lean version, prepare dip using ''lite'' cream cheese and evaporated skim lowfat milk in place of half-and-half. Or possibly make the dip as directed, but instead of using it as a dip or possibly spread, place only a dab in the center of a Belgian endive ''petal.'' Arrange all the petals on a party serving tray, perhaps in a sunburst pattern, and top each dab of dip with a single cooked shrimp or possibly sprinkle with minced smoked almonds.
- Yield: 1-2/3 c.
- Preparation Time:0:20
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 628g|
|Calories from Fat 1885||84%|
|Total Fat 212.19g||265%|
|Saturated Fat 99.96g||400%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 19.77g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.4g||5%|