Cost per serving $4.52 view details
- 2 lb baccala (salted cod) soaked for 48 hrs
- Â Â in several changes of water, liquid removed and
- Â Â minced
- 1 c. bread crumbs
- 4 x beaten Large eggs
- 2 x cloves garlic cloves sliced
- 4 Tbsp. finely-minced parsley
- Â Â Salt to taste
- Â Â Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 2 quart extra-virgin extra virgin olive oil for frying
- 2 x lemons cut into wedges
- In a large bowl, combine the baccala, bread crumbs, Large eggs, garlic, parsley, salt, and pepper, and mix well but don't over-mix. Chill for 30 min, and then form the mix into 1-inch balls.
- In a tall-sided pot, heat the extra virgin olive oil to 375 degrees.
- Add in a few balls at a time to the warm oil and cook till uniformly golden, about 5 min. Drain on paper towels and serve with the lemon wedges alongside.
- This recipe yields 6 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 351g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 2584||97%|
|Total Fat 292.27g||365%|
|Saturated Fat 41.01g||164%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 14.32g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.2g||4%|