Cost per serving $0.98 view details
- 8 x Baby Ruth bars, 1.9oz, cutup
- 4 Tbsp. Peanut butter, chunky
- 6 Tbsp. Evaporated lowfat milk
- 2 c. Flour, unsifted
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Baking pwdr
- 1/2 c. Butter, softened
- 1 1/4 c. Sugar
- 2 x Large eggs
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 1 c. Buttermilk
- 6 x Baby Ruth Bars, 1.9oz, cutup
- 2 x Egg yolks
- 1 c. Evaporated lowfat milk
- 1 c. Sugar
- 1/2 c. Butter
- 1 c. Coconut, flaked
- 8 Tbsp. Peanuts, coarsely minced
- 1 c. Heavy cream
- 1 x Egg white, stiffly beaten
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. Powdered sugar, sifted
- 3/4 tsp Vanilla
- Combine 8 cut-up Baby Ruth's, peanut butter and 6 Tb evaporated lowfat milk in top of a double boiler; heat and stir till melted and blended. Cold. Combine flour, baking soda, and baking pwdr in a bowl; mix well. Cream butter and sugar thoroughly; add in well beaten Large eggs and beat till light and fluffy.
- Blend in the cooled candy bar mix and 1/2 ts vanilla. Add in dry ingredients alternately with the buttermilk, blending on low speed after each addition, only till blended. Pour into 2 buttered and floured 9" round layer pans and bake in preheated 350 F oven for about 30 min. Cold in pans on rack for 10 min. Turn out and finish cooling on rack.
- Baby Ruth Filling & Topping: Heat candy bars in top of double boiler.
- Combine egg yolks, evaporated lowfat milk, sugar and butter in a saucepan; cook and stir till thickened, over medium heat, about 10 min. Remove from heat and blend in melted candy bars, coconut and peanuts. Cold, then beat vigorously with wooden spoon.
- Whipped Topping: Whip heavy cream stiff; mix in stiffly beaten egg white, powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Assembly: Spread cooled filling between layers and on top of cake. Spread whipped topping on the sides of the cake. Cut carefully with a sharp knife.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 279g|
|Recipe makes 10 servings|
|Calories from Fat 469||45%|
|Total Fat 53.1g||66%|
|Saturated Fat 29.87g||119%|
|Trans Fat 0.04g|
|Total Carbs 130.81g||35%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.8g||13%|