Cost per recipe $4.81 view details
- 1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 piece fresh ginger - (2" long) peeled, chopped
- 1 x garlic clove chopped
- 1 x boneless pork chop - (1/2 lb) cut thin strips
- 2 x scallions white and 1" of
- green parts, thinly sliced
- 1 x carrot julienned
- 1 lrg red bell pepper julienned
- 1 c. thinly-sliced Napa cabbage
- 1/4 c. chicken stock
- (preferably homemade)
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 30 sqr wonton wrappers
- 6 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1/4 c. rice vinegar
- 2 tsp Asian (toasted) sesame oil
- 2 tsp sugar
- To make the egg roll, heat 2 Tbsp. of the extra virgin olive oil in a large skillet or possibly wok over medium heat. Add in the ginger and garlic and cook, stirring till slightly softened, about 2 min. Add in the pork and stir till it turns white, about 2 min. Transfer the pork to a plate and set aside.
- Add in the scallions, carrot, and red pepper to the skillet. Cook, stirring, till slightly softened, about 2 min. Add in the cabbage, stock, and soy sauce. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer till the liquid has evaporated and the vegetables are tender, about 5 min. Return the pork to the skillet and let the contents of the skillet cold to room temperature. You should have about 2 c..
- Lay the wrappers flat on a work surface. Brush the edges lightly with water. Top with about 1 Tbsp. of the filling and roll into a cylinder, tucking in the sides and pressing the edges to seal. (The egg rolls can be frzn at this point.)
- Heat the remaining extra virgin olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat till almost smoking. Working in batches, add in the rolls and cook, turning often with tongs, till golden on all sides, 5 to 7 min. Cold slightly before serving.
- Soy Sesame Dipping Sauce: To make the dipping sauce, combine the soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, and sugar in a small bowl. Stir well and serve on the side with the rolls. (Makes 1/2 c.)
- This recipe yields 30 egg rolls.
- Yield: 30 egg rolls
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 609g|
|Calories from Fat 603||70%|
|Total Fat 68.18g||85%|
|Saturated Fat 10.38g||42%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 35.58g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 6.4g||21%|