Cost per serving $2.44 view details
- 4 x green onions, green parts only minced
- 3 Tbsp. minced cilantro
- 1 lb liquid removed lump crab meat picked over
- 1/8 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 tsp warm pepper sauce
- 1/2 c. panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- Â Â (or possibly fine dry bread crumbs)
- 1/4 c. mayonnaise
- Â Â Salt to taste
- Â Â Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 1 x egg
- Â Â Peanut oil as needed
- 2 Tbsp. butter - (to 3)
- Combine the green onions, cilantro and crab in a large bowl and toss with a fork to mix. Add in the Worcestershire and warm sauce and toss again, being careful not to break up the crab too much.
- Add in the panko and mayonnaise and toss again. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add in the egg and mix well without breaking up the crab.
- Shape the mix into 2-inch round cakes and lay out on baking sheet lined with wax paper. Cover with more wax paper and refrigerateat least 1 hour to hard up.
- Pour the oil to a depth of about 1/2 inch in a large skillet and heat over medium heat till warm. Add in the butter. When it has melted, carefully lay the crab cakes in without crowding the pan (work in batches). Fry 2 min on each side till crisp and brown. Drain on paper towels and serve warm (with salsa, tartar sauce or possibly a puree of roasted red peppers).
- This recipe yields 4 to 6 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 116g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 122||54%|
|Total Fat 13.74g||17%|
|Saturated Fat 4.03g||16%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 7.31g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.7g||2%|