Cost per serving $0.31 view details
- 2 c. apple cider
- 1/4 c. chopped shallots
- 1 Tbsp. chopped seeded jalapeno
- 1/4 c. ketchup
- 2 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp. dark brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly-grnd black pepper
- 2 x slabs baby back pork ribs - (to 3) abt 4 lbs total
- Kosher salt to taste
- Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- To make the Mop: In a small saucepan combine the apple cider, shallots, and jalapeno. Bring to a boil and cook over medium-high heat till about 1 c. of the liquid remains, 15 to 20 min. Add in the remaining mop ingredients, bring to a boil, and remove from the heat. (The mop may be made ahead and refrigerated till ready to use.)
- Allow the ribs to stand at room temperature for 20 to 30 min before grilling. Season with salt and pepper. Grill, rib-side down, over Indirect Medium heat till the meat is very tender and has pulled back from the ends of the bones, 1 1/2 to 2 hrs. Baste the ribs frequently with the mop throughout grilling time, but stop basting during the last 10 min. Remove from the grill and allow to rest for 5 - 10 min before slicing into individual ribs. Serve hot.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
- Wine Recommendation: A Gewurztraminer from Alsace will have the complexity and flavor intensity to complement the mop and more than sufficient body for the sweet grilled rib meat.
- Beer Recommendation: A fruit-infused Belgian-style beer made with raspberries, cranberries, or possibly peaches will make a salad with the marinade while its acidic finish cuts through the sweetness.
- Comments: If desired your ribs a little crispy on the outside, grill them, meat-side down, over Direct Medium heat for 10 to 15 min before finishing them over Indirect Medium heat. Don"t expect leftovers.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 168g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 2||2%|
|Total Fat 0.26g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.04g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 24.28g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.7g||2%|