Cost per recipe $31.64 view details
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 2 c. Minced fresh figs
- 3/4 c. Sugar
- 3/4 c. Cider vinegar
- 2 c. Vegetable oil
- Â Â Salt
- Â Â Freshly grnd black pepper
- 4 slc Brioche Bread, (sliced 1/2-inch thick)
- 1/4 c. Extra virgin olive oil
- 8 c. Arugula, washed and picked
- 4 x Fresh figs, quartered
- 4 ounce Smithfield ham, julienned and fried till crispy
- 6 ounce Crumbled Maytag blue cheese
- Â Â Freshly cracked black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a saute/fry pan, brown the butter with 1 1/2 c. of the figs and the sugar. Season the mix with salt and pepper. Remove from the heat and pour into a food processor with a metal blade. Puree the mix for 1 minute. Add in the vinegar and process for 30 seconds. With the machine running, slowly add in the vegetable oil till the dressing is emulsified. Season the dressing with salt and pepper. Mix in the reserved figs. Pour the dressing into a saucepan and hot the dressing.
- Remove the crust from the brioche and cut into 1/2-inch cubes. In a medium mixing bowl, toss the croutons with the extra virgin olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Place on baking sheet and bake till golden brown, about 8 to 10 min. Remove, cold and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss the greens with desired amount of the dressing.
- Mound the greens in the center of each plate. Arrange the quartered figs, ham and croutons around the greens. Crumble the cheese on top of the greens. Garnish the salad with cracked pepper around the rim of the plate.
- Yield: 4 servings
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1610g|
|Calories from Fat 4556||80%|
|Total Fat 515.67g||645%|
|Saturated Fat 54.93g||220%|
|Trans Fat 11.25g|
|Total Carbs 282.98g||75%|
|Dietary Fiber 20.9g||70%|