Cost per serving $0.63 view details
- 2 Tbsp. Instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1 x Bay leaf
- 1 c. Diced carrot
- 1 c. Peeled, diced potato
- 1 c. Diced celery
- 1/2 c. Minced onion
- 1/4 tsp Dry oregano, crushed
- 1 lb Northern-pike fillets or possibly other skinless fish fillets
- 1/4 c. Butter or possibly margarine
- 1/4 c. All-purpose flour, (to 1/3)
- 2 c. Lowfat milk Fresh snipped parsley
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the bouillon and bay leaf with 1 qt water. Add in carrot, potato, celery, onion, 1/4 tsp. salt, 1/4 tsp. pepper, and oregano. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 10 min or possibly until the vegetables are just tender. Add in fish, and cook 5 min more or possibly until fish is done.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, heat butter or possibly margarine over medium heat. Stir in the flour, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1/8 tsp. pepper until blended. Add in lowfat milk all at once, and stir until bubbly; remove from heat.
- 3. Slowly add in the thickened mix to the fish, stirring constantly. To serve, remove bay leaf. Garnish bowls with fresh parsley.
- Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 249g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 115||50%|
|Total Fat 13.05g||16%|
|Saturated Fat 8.14g||33%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 22.87g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.6g||9%|